maddan3

Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

The Midnight Witch

The Midnight Witch - Paula Brackston

Lilith takes over as Head Witch for the Lazarus coven after her fathers death. The coven is threatened by the Sentinels, a group of sorcerers who want the from the Lazarus coven the Elixir that can bring people back to life. Lilith also meat Bram a painter whom she falls in love with even though she is engaged to another witch.

For me this book didn't work. The witch part was ok, in the beginning, but the love affair destroyed for me any chance of enjoying the book. It was so boring, so predictable, so annoying that I loathed every scene with Bram. If Paula Brackston had focused on the witches and there struggle with the sorceress it would have made the book better, well a bit better, the story was quite predictable and boring also in the end. The mole in the coven? I wasn't surprised a bit when he was reviled.

I skimmed the last part of the book just to get through with it and to be able to move on to something better. I loved the cover and the blurb was interesting to bad the book was so bad.

½  star

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!