maddan3

Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

The Outcast Dead

The Outcast Dead - Elly Griffiths

The Outcast Dead is the sixth book Ruth Galloway by Elly Griffiths and as usually I'm having a bit of a problem reading the book, because even though I often enjoy the stories in the books I just can't stand the characters. Well I don't hate them, they just annoy my, things they say or thinks can make me mentally roll my eyes. So when I pick up and read a book by Elly Griffiths will I know that Ruth will as usually always bring up in her mind how fat she is and how thin everyone else is. Nelson, the cop she has a baby with will constantly nag her about what's best for their daughter and so on...

But I keep coming back to the books for the stories, for the cases, for the archeology, for the mix of the past and the present time. In this book a women gets accused for killing her own child and at the same time Ruth has discovered the body of who they think is notorious Mother Hook who was hanged 1867 accused of killing children.

So the rating for the books is 3,5 stars with less annoying characters it would have gotten 4 stars.