maddan3

Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

All that Glitters

All That Glitters: A Jake & Laura Mystery - Michael Murphy

Laura Wilson, Broadway star arrives in Hollywood to star in a screwball comedy. With her is her boyfriend Jake Donovan, who is under pressure to write his next mystery novel. But they hardly have time to settle down before everything goes wrong. A man is killed at a party they attend the very same night they arrive in LosAngeles and Jake is soon murder suspect number 1...

Everyone that has seen screwball comedies from the 1930s will feel familiarity with this book. It feels really like a homage to old Tinseltown and screwball comedies. There is even cameo appearances by William Powell and Carol Lombard in the story. I really loved that since I'm a huge fan of 1930s movies and love screwball movies. If you haven't seen The Thin Man, then you should see it after you read this book.

Anyway to the story. This was a fast-paced humor filled story with mobsters, movie stars and murder. Never a dull moment! Jake must do everything in his power (together with Laura of course) to exonerate himself and that before the press prints that he is the prime suspect and his career is over and also clear himself so he doesn't end up in jail for a murder he didn't commit...

This was the first book I read with Jake and Laura, but it won't be the last (especially since I own the first book). I enjoyed reading this book very much and it felt very good to read something lighthearted once in a while. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series, perhaps a female aviator will be in it...?

4 stars

Thank you Random House Publishing Group - Alibi and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!