maddan3

France Book Tours
Challenge Participant 80%

Cannonbridge

Cannonbridge - Jonathan Barnes

One day Toby Judd realize that something is wrong with history; Matthew Cannonbridge, the novelist should never have existed. Now he must find out the truth about Matthew Cannonbridge whilst being chased throughout the country.

After a bit of a slow start, the story in this book really took off. The mystery of whom or what Matthew Cannonbridge was really made this book exciting to read and made this book into a real page turner and the ending was interesting and peculiar (I think I have it figured out at least). Although the last couple of pages, when something was revealed wasn't really a surprise, I saw that coming. I liked the jump between the past and the present, it was interesting to follow Toby Judd in the present trying to figure out the truth about Matthew Cannonbridge, while in the past famous authors like Charles Dickens, Edgar Allan Poe and Oscar Wilde encounter Matthew Cannonbridge and often these famous authors sense that something is wrong with him. But what? Who is he? Read and find out...

4 stars

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!