maddan3

HERO

Published on 5th March 2015

Paperback Original | £8.99

Available in eBook now

I actually came to like this book more than I thought I would. Yes it drove me crazy sometimes, but the core story was good and I thought I would start with focusing on the things I liked in the book instead of everything that made me mad.

For instance, I liked the fact that Alexa's father and Caines mother had a history; a bad one which made Caine really, really had everything that had to do with Alexa.

I enjoyed reading about how they came to be more friendly throughout the book.

I liked Cains friend Henry Lexington and also Caines neighbor Effie. They made the book more fun to read, which were needed since with Alexa and Caine was it a lot of drama.

But there were things with the book that I didn't enjoy and for one thing was it all the jealously, Caine was jealous on every single guy that Alexa talked to. But Alexa wasn't that perfect either, she was jealous of every single female that Caine talked to. I don't think jealously is a good thing in a relationship that shows insecurity and possessives. Hell, that's not even good in the "not relationship status" that they had going after they had slept together for the first time. Caine was even jealous of his friend Henry when he helped Alexis with a printer...

That's another problem I have with the New Adult genre. It's so often instasex, and I don't even like instalove, but it's "I hate you, but I want you. Now let's fuck!" I think the inner girl inside me just wants to be romanced and this isn't romance for me. It's lust. This is good if you are looking forward to read it, but I seldom look forward to scenes like that. I like the kind of romance book when the characters slowly move their relationship forward. I can even take instalove if it isn't rushed into something that seems unreal.

Anyway, if you are looking for a New Adult book with a good core story, then this is perhaps something for you.

2 stars

Hero by Samantha Young is published by Piatkus in paperback and eBook. You can find of all Samantha Young’s titles in the Kobo website here:https://store.kobobooks.com/List/the-hottest-new-voice-in-romance-samantha-young/J-xrHY0rhcp8fAjSHjnPlQ

About the author:

Samantha Young is the author of the runaway bestselling On Dublin Street, which sold over 150,000 copies within five weeks and has now been sold in more than 25 countries. Published by Penguin UK until recently, her first book with Little Brown (Castle Hill) was one of the top 10 Hachette ebooks for 2014. This year she has been nominated for the Goodreads Choice Award for Best Author and Best Romance. She lives in Stirlingshire, Scotland and is available for publicity purposes, along with corresponding regularly with her 22,000 fans on FB and 15,000 Twitter followers.

You can visit her at www.samanthayoungbooks.com

Thank you Piatkus for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!