maddan3

Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

The Ghost Fields

The Ghost Fields (Ruth Galloway Mysteries) - Elly Griffiths

A buried WWII plane is found with its pilot still in the cockpit. But Forensic archaeologist Ruth Galloway soon discover that the man in the plane has been placed there. Who was he and why was he placed in the plane?

The Ghosts Fields are the seventh book in the Ruth Galloway series and I have read them all so I was quite happy when I was approved from this book over on NetGalley. Actually, I wasn't supposed to read this book now, but I let it get ahead in the queue since I really wanted to read a crime novel and also wanted to read a book with familiar characters.

This book picks up two years after the last book and Ruth daughter Kate now five years old and is starting school. Nelson, Kate's father Nelson is still married to Michelle, but he is as usual quite possessive of both Ruth and Kate. Which in my opinion he has no right to be since he chose to stay with Michelle. This case will bring them together again as they try to find out how the man came to be in the plane and why after Ruth discover that the man has been dead for years, but have been buried somewhere else. Also, when an heiress is attacked it seems that there is someone out there still out for blood...

It felt nice to return to Ruth Galloway world and I was pleased that she has stopped (well not completely) obsessing about her weight. Her "relationship" with Nelson isn't the easiest. Having a child with a married cop isn't easy especially since she hasn't really moved on even though she tries.

I like cold cases and this case with links to a prominent family turned out to be quite interesting and there is a part in this book what made me think of a special scene from the book /movie/TV-series Hannibal though less gruesome...

All and all a good read and I'm looking forward to the next book in the series when it comes out!

I received this copy from the publisher through Netgalley in return for an honest review!