maddan3

Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

The Angel Court Affair

The Angel Court Affair: A Charlotte and Thomas Pitt Novel - Anne Perry

It's the end of the 19th century and a woman comes to London and preaches what many people feel like a blasphemous message and then she disappears and Thomas Pitt must find her.

This is the 30th book in the Charlotte and Thomas Pitt series and this first book in the series that I have read. Luckily for me it was easy to get into the story and to get to know the characters. I found the story to be interesting and well written. But still I felt sometimes that the story lacked something, I just didn't feel that connected to Thomas and Charlotte, perhaps it would have been easier to connect to them if I would have read previous books in the series. I guess I will figure that out when I do that. I also felt that Charlotte never really got to be, in this book, anything else than a mother and wife so I would very much like to read the books from the beginning to really get to know her. Luckily I own the first book.

But the two characters I actually came to like the most were Narraway and Vespasia. I just felt that their characters were so much more interesting to read about than the Pitt's. Their marriage came later in life so they both have a past and I want to know more about their past and how they met and finally got married so when I start to read the series from the beginning will I have a look out for those two wonderful characters.

The story itself was interesting, sometimes I felt that it dragged on a bit, but not that I became bored I just felt sometimes that it moved a little too slow forward and I enjoyed the part on Spain very much and of course the ending was good.

All and all, I enjoyed the book and I'm looking forward to reading the previous 29 books in the series!

I received this copy from the publisher through Netgalley in return for an honest review!