maddan3

Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours
Challenge Participant 80%

Cherringham - The Last Puzzle

Cherringham - The Last Puzzle: A Cosy Crime Series (Cherringham: Mystery Shorts Book 16) - Matthew Costello, Neil Richards

Cheeringham is a novel series with a new mystery thriller released every month. The stories takes place in the English Village of Cherringham. English web designer Sarah and American ex-cop Jack are an unlikely sleuth duo, but criminal activities keep getting in their way.

This is very much like reading a Midsomer Murder episode, I almost expected to hear the theme music while I read this book. Unfortunately I just didn't find it that enjoyable to read, probably because the book was so short and that meant you just didn't get to know the characters that well and that made the characters feel very flat.

Also, the story was not terrible interesting to read, and old man dies and in his will he leave everything to one of four people who can solve a crossword. If not, well then the money will go to charity. And, because of the shortness of the story, it just doesn't feel like the story get the chance to be interesting. The dialog felt like a script for an episode and many of the chapters ended with a cliffhanger, which in a way really made me feel like I was reading a magazine story were a new chapter is published in every issue. But as a whole story it just didn't grab me. Perhaps it's because I'm not really a fan of short stories.

I received this copy from the publisher through Netgalley in return for an honest review!