maddan3

Manderley Forever
Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

The Lost Child blog tour + giveaway

(Banner created by to Gina Dickerson: http://rosewolfdesign.wix.com/rosewolfdesign)

Blurb:

Mandy Miller disappeared from Hallow’s End when she was just 3 years old. She was never found.

Thirty years on, Elaine Ellis is carrying her mother’s ashes back to Hallow’s End to scatter them in the place that she once called home. Elaine has never been there, but it’s the only place Jean talked about while she was growing up – so it seems as good a place as any.

As Elaine settles into her holiday cottage in the peaceful Devonshire village, she gets to know the locals; family she never knew she had, eccentric and old-fashioned gentry, and new friends where she would least expect them. But she is intrigued by the tale of the missing girl that the village still carries at its heart, and which somehow continues to overshadow them all. Little does she know how much more involved in the mystery she will become…

Review:

30 years ago little Mandy Miller, three years old, disappeared without a trace from the village Hallow's End. Her family and the village never really got over the disappearing. Elaine Ellis arrives at the village to scatter her mother ashes. Elaine's mother grew up in Hallow's End, but Elaine has never been there and little does she know how her arrival will affect the town.

I can honestly say that I had the story figured out around 27% and my theories came through. But, I still enjoyed the story despite how predictable it was because I came to care for the characters, Elaine, Dan and young Brodie. Even though the whole missing child story was predictable was it still very good written and there happened things that I did not foresee. In many ways is this perfect summer reading. It's enjoyable, well written and not overly grim or not too romantic. This is the kind of book I would read when I need something lighter, a mystery story with some romance. One thing I really liked was that I never got irritated with the characters, they never really did anything stupid, they acted as human beings in difficult situations, and even the “bad ones” wasn't that irritating because there are people who are just bad. People that are only thinking about themselves and don't care about others.

I liked this book and I will keep an eye out for more books by Ann Troup!

Links:

Amazon UK

Amazon US

Goodreads

Author bio:

Ann Troup tells tales and can always make something out of nothing (which means she writes books and can create unique things from stuff other people might not glance twice at). She was once awarded 11 out of 10 for a piece of poetry at school – she now holds that teacher entirely responsible for her inclination to write.

Her writing space is known as ‘the empty nest’, having formerly been her daughters bedroom. She shares this space with ten tons of junk and an elderly Westie, named Rooney, who is her constant companion whether she likes it or not. He likes to contribute to the creative process by going to sleep on top of her paperwork and running away with crucial post-it notes, which have inadvertently become stuck to his fur. She is thinking of renaming him Gremlin.

She lives by the sea in Devon with her husband and said dog. Two children have been known to remember the place that they call home, but mainly when they are in need of a decent roast dinner, it’s Christmas or when only Mum will do. She also has extremely decent stepchildren.

Links:

Blog: https://anntroup.wordpress.com/

Twitter:https://twitter.com/TroupAnn

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/anntroupauthor?fref=ts

Giveaway (A Kindle Paperwhite, a Kindle Paperwhite cover, Amazon and Costa vouchers)

a Rafflecopter giveaway