maddan3

It's a Mad Mad World

Manderley Forever
Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

Batman Eternal Vol. 2 (The New 52)

Batman Eternal Vol. 2 (The New 52) - Jason Fabok, Scott Snyder, Tim Seeley

Batman goes against Hush in this collection of comics. Hush is the man behind gang wars, riots and terrorist strikes against Gotham City and Batman & Co. has to deal with it all.

Personally I felt kind of overwhelmed with this graphic novel. Part of me liked reading 300+ pages of action, and part of me was sometimes a bit confused when stuff happened that made me wonder what the heck is going on, like who is this person and what has this to do with the main story?

Let's just say that some issues was less interesting than others. I liked Batman fight against Hush, I liked Catwoman's problems with her father and of course her and Batman working together (I just wish there was more of them working together in this volume) and of course Julia Pennyworth taking over from her father, who is really sick after being poisoned.

That was great, but then again we had issues with a character called Spoiler (?) and her father who is trying to kill her for some reason (for some reason) and parts like that just made me go wtf?

On the plus side, now I knew what happened to Arkham, why it was destroyed. That made the graphic novel about turning Wayne Mansion into the new Arkham a bit more comprehensible.

The art was almost always great, some issues was not that good, but overall very pleasant to read. Loved the cover arts.

I received this copy from the publisher through Edelweiss in return for an honest review! Thank you!