maddan3

France Book Tours
Challenge Participant 80%

Broken Promise by Linwood Barclay

Broken Promise: A Thriller - Linwood Barclay

David is on his way to visits his cousin that lost her daughter a couple of months before at childbirth. But he finds her with a child when he gets to her house. A child she claims her hers...

Linwood Barclay knows how to keep the readers in suspense throughout the whole book by not only creating an interesting story, but by having very short chapters with no unnecessary chitchat. Don't take me wrong I love books with lots of descriptions and when it takes time for events to happen and long chapters too. But now and then I just love to read a book when every chapter is short and crammed with action. Like this book. It was really hard to stop reading when I started to read the book. Just one more chapter...

One thing I really like with this book was that it has connections to Too Close to Home, it's the same town and some characters from that book is in this one as well. By the way this is the first book in a series. And, of course this book ended with a cliffhanger. Now I have a very strong need to read the next book in the series.

I have previously compared Linwood Barclay's books to Harlan Coben and I will do so again. Both authors know how to write a really good suspenseful story that takes you on a wild ride. I really liked the story in this book, yes there were some things I suspected that came true, but it still had some surprises up its sleeves.

I received this copy from the publisher through NetGalley in return for an honest review! Thank you!