maddan3

Manderley Forever
Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

Deadly Tasting by Jean-Pierre Alaux and Noël Balen

Deadly Tasting: A Winemaker Detective Mystery - Noël Balen, Jean-Pierre Alaux, Sally Pane

Benjamin Cooker is called in to help with a case when an old man is killed and twelve classes are placed close to the dead body with one of the glasses filled with wine. It seemed to be an old wine from around 1940. Then another body is found with twelve glasses around the body, but this time two glasses filled with wine. Is someone out to kill twelve persons? What's the motive?

I did have some trouble getting into the story despite the shortness of this book. I just felt that I even though the beginning was interesting with the dead body and the wine glasses, but I felt that I had some problem with really taking in the rest of the story and remember who was who. And, I knew who the killer was almost right away. Perhaps, because there weren't that many suspects to choose between. Anyway, but the ending was really good, the explanation to everything. It was so sad and also justifying in a way.

So, this book was not the best I have read in this series. But the purpose, the history behind the murders that was revealed in the end was so poignant so that raises the rating with a star.

Thanks to Le French Book and Edelweiss for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!