maddan3

Manderley Forever
Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

Star Trek Volume 11

Star Trek Volume 11 (Star Trek Ongoing Tp) - Mike Johnson, Scott Tipton, David Tipton, Joe Corroney, Rachael Stott

Volume 11 includes "The Tholian Web," "Deity," from issues #46-49 of the ongoing series and the one-shot Special "Flesh and Stone."

I was not especially impressed with the stories "The Tholian Web," and "Deity. Partly because the art was just not that good, and partly because the stories was just not that interesting. And, I think that despite how much I like the new Star Trek movies I just don't find the comics with the parallel versions of Captain Kirk & Co. just as interesting to read about as I do with the old gang.

Another thing in Deity, the inhabitants of the planets they are visiting are looking like this; a cross between men and chicken. Hard to take them seriously. *sigh*

And, I just didn't like how the people were drawn. Sometimes they look kind of OK and sometimes I wondered if the person who drawn for instance Uhura knows what she looks like because she just didn't look like the Uhura I remember from the movies. I found the art often just crude to be honest not at all appealing.

But fortunately, Enterprise in battle looked good. So that was a plus.

The saving grace for this volume was the last story, the one-shot Special "Flesh and Stone, where characters from TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise had to find the cure for a mystical illness that turned people into stone.

So, this was not the best Star Trek volume I have read, but not the worst either. It was just 100 pages so I read it fast and I was happy that the last story was included because that made the volume more enjoyable.

Thanks to Diamond Book Distributors and NetGalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!