maddan3

Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

The Nameless Dead by Brian McGilloway

The Nameless Dead - Brian McGilloway

Declan Cleary disappeared 30 years ago and everyone assumed that he was killed because he informed on a friend. Then Commission for Location of Victims' Remains gets a tip that Declan Cleary's body is buried on the small isle of Islandmore in the river Foyle. But instead they find the body of baby and it seems that the baby didn't die of natural causes, but any evidence that is revealed by the Then Commission for Location of Victims' Remains can not lead to prosecution and Inspector Ben Devlin is told that he can't investigate the dead baby since it wouldn't lead to a conviction since the perpetrator is protected from prosecution because of the law that makes people come forth with evidence of where dead bodies are buried protect them from prosecution. But Devlin can't just let go of the dead baby case and then they find more babies buried...

The story was so compelling that I couldn't stop reading the book when I started it. This is the first book in the Inspector Devlin series that I have read, but it never felt like I missed anything by not having read the previous books. From the beginning, I liked Devlin and the rest of the characters in the book and any mentioned of stuff from the past made me just more eager to read the previous book in the series.

I liked that you didn't know if the dead baby and the missing Declan Cleary were connected in any way or and why someone would kill and bury a baby. Everything also gets's more complicated when a person close to Declan Cleary gets murdered. Is there someone out there that doesn't want the truth of what happened 30 years ago to come out?

Devlin also has some person problems, his daughter is recovering from an accident and his son thinks that they prefer his sister to him and it doesn't get better when Devlin, for instance, forgets that they had planned to watch a movie at the cinema and instead get called into work and forgets about that.

I liked this book very much and I'm looking forward to reading this series from the beginning!

Thanks to Witness Impulse and Edelweiss for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!