maddan3

France Book Tours
Challenge Participant 80%

X-Files: Season 11 Volume 1

X-Files: Season 11 Volume 1 - Joe Harris

I was looking forward to reading this volume since I'm a longtime X-File fan. But honestly, both art and story just didn't work for me and I had a hard time finish reading the volume and it was just 100 pages. How hard can it be to write a decent story and find a really good illustrator?

The art made it hard to read. I didn't even recognize Mulder at first who was in disguise, it took some time for me to realize that it was really him.

Lose the mustache Mulder!

I mean I recognize the Lone Gunmen, but the art is really appalling.

And, together with the confusing storyline did it just made the reading experience quite bad. I was interested in reading this volume because Gibson Praise would be in it. But I haven't a clue about what the hell the Peacock family (see episode Home) had to the with the story. And, I wasn't that keen about reading something about that horrid inbreeding family. Well, I would have been perhaps if it had made any sense why they were in the story at all. I thought they, at first, wanted a new man (Mulder) to father some babies (shudder), but now I'm not sure about that. And, I'm not sure what Gibson Praise wanted either. The whole story was too darn confusing to be enjoyable.

Will I read more? Probably not. I rather see the tv-series and wait for the new season.

I want to thank the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!