maddan3

Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

DNF at 50%

Lacy Eye - Jessica Treadway

The idea of the book was interesting, a thriller about a woman that has survived a brutal attack that killed her husband. The killer is her daughter's boyfriend. But problem is that the woman can't remember the night and it's a possibility that the daughter was involved in the attack.

This is a book that is supposed to be a thriller, but it never feels like that. What if feels like is a mother's reminisce about a daughter's childhood going wrong and I just couldn't get into the story. There were so many things that bothered me that that in the end I didn't feel like it was worth finishing the book. One thing that really annoyed me is how they treated the youngest daughter, yes she had a lazy eye, but I often felt that she was treated as a lesser being than the older daughter. Iris was the perfect daughter, whiles Dawn was the imperfect one. And, that goes on and on during the mother's memory of her daughters growing up.

There are many 4-5 stars on Goodreads so apparently there are people that did enjoy the book. I was just not among them...

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review.