maddan3

Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben

Fool Me Once - Harlan Coben

Former special ops pilot Maya has recently lost her husband who was shot during a robbery. A friend of her gives her a nanny cam so that she can see that her 2-year old daughter is taken care of while Maya is at work. And, one day looking through her nanny cam she sees something that shouldn't be possible, her husband playing with her daughter...

Harlan Coben is an author that has never failed me when it comes to writing a well-written thriller. I especially love his Myron Bolitar series. In Fool Me Once has Coben once again written an interesting story where nothing is at it seems. I instantly liked Maya and it was interesting to read about her trying to deal with being a single mother, an ex-soldier and to add to that a mystery, an impossible mystery. Her husband died, or did he? She must find out the truth and that means confronting her own past; her dismissal from the army, her sister's murder not long before her husband was murdered, and her husband's brothers death a couple of years ago. Could they be connected, or is everything just a coincidence? And, who can she trust, it seems that a lot of people around her have secrets...

I read the book in a day. I had some problem sleeping during the night so I thought I would read some more and then go back to sleep, and I ended up finishing the book. The twists in this book were not that astonishing as they have been in some of Coben's previous books, but it's still a page-turner. What I like about Coben's books are that I always like the main character(s) and the mysteries are always intriguing. Fool Me Once is a very good book, and I particularly loved the last part of the book when everything started to come together. True, I was not astonished, but I did find the twists in the book well-done and satisfying.

I recommend reading Harlan Coben's books if you like page-turning thrillers with lots of twist and turns.

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through Edelweiss for an honest review.