maddan3

Manderley Forever
Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

The Silent Twin by Caroline Mitchell

The Silent Twin: A dark, gripping detective thriller (Detective Jennifer Knight Crime Thriller Series Book 3) - Caroline Mitchell

DC Jennifer Knight is charged with the task of finding a missing girl. Twin sisters Abigail and Olivia are inseparable, so when Abigail goes missing at Blackwater Farm, their home, is something truly wrong. And, now Jennifer must find her before it is too late. But, there are strange events occurring at the house, and Olivia hasn't said a word since her sister disappeared, expect to whisper something in Jennifer's ear. But, Jennifer is stunned when she realized that it's not Olivia's voice that she heard, but Abigail's...

The Silent Twin is book three in the Detective Jennifer Knight series and this is by far the best one. The first one was OK, I had some problems with the second book, but this one was quite frankly really good. Despite, one thing: I knew who was behind it all, well who the real culprit (the mastermind) was quite early on. I knew something was odd with the family, but I also knew that it would be too easy if the most likely person had done it. But, I did not expect everything that was revealed in the end.

But, despite that was the book really good. The story was interesting, suspenseful, intriguing and it pulled me in. I especially liked the seance scene in the house and the medium that held it. The scene after when Jennifer talked to her is one of the best in the book and I hope that the medium will show up in other books.

The fact that Jennifer Knight can see and feel dead people are something that works well with this case and Blackwood Farm. I love creepy old houses with history and I found the setting of this book together with the case made this a truly good book!

I'm looking forward to reading more books in the series!

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!