maddan3

It's a Mad Mad World

France Book Tours

The Trap by Melanie Raabe + Giveaway

The Trap - Melanie Raabe, Imogen Taylor

In this twisted debut thriller, a reclusive author sets the perfect trap for her sister's murderer--but is he really the killer?

For 11 years, the bestselling author Linda Conrads has mystified fans by never setting foot outside her home. Haunted by the unsolved murder of her younger sister--who she discovered in a pool of blood--and the face of the man she saw fleeing the scene, Linda's hermit existence helps her cope with debilitating anxiety. But the sanctity of her oasis is shattered when she sees her sister's murderer on television. Hobbled by years of isolation, Linda resolves to use the plot of her next novel to lay an irresistible trap for the man. As the plan is set in motion and the past comes rushing back, Linda's memories--and her very sanity--are called into question. Is this man a heartless killer or merely a helpless victim?

**********

I have to hand it to  Melanie Raabe, she has really managed to write a book where I was not sure if Linda Conrad was utterly mad or if she was right about having seen her sisters killer on the TV. I was pulled into the story right from the start and the book kept my interest up. We get to follow Linda's story, but also chapters from her book about the murder are included in the story. And through the chapters, we get a picture of what happened 12 years before.

It was interesting to reading about a character that never leaves her house that makes the story a bit more intimate since most of the story takes place inside the house and with very few people. And, as I wrote above, one just couldn't know if Linda was right or if she had gone mad. And, that made the book really interesting to read since one could not be sure about anything.

I liked the book very much, it was well-written and felt refreshingly new to read and not being able to sure about the plot felt nice. I was a bit confused why she had so little contact with her parents. I mean just because she can't leave the house doesn't mean that they can't visit and I never felt that it was explained why they had so little contact. However, that's the only thing that I felt a bit odd, the rest of the book was really good!

I want to thank Grand Central Publishing for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

The Trap by Melanie Raabe