maddan3

Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

Body of Lies by Iris Johansen

Body Of Lies - Iris Johansen

Eve Duncan, the signature character of #1 New York Timesbestselling author Iris Johansen, thought her past was long buried. Until she finds herself tracking a killer so deceptive he leaves no trace behind—except for his victims.

Forensic sculptor Eve Duncan has been summoned to Baton Rouge by a high-ranking government official to identify the remains of an unknown murder victim. Eve wants nothing to do with the project. She has finally found peace from her own tragic past, living a quiet life with Atlanta detective Joe Quinn and her adopted daughter, Jane. Then a stunning series of seemingly unrelated events turns Eve’s new world upside down.

Now, in a special government facility, she takes on the project of identifying the victim’s skeleton. But she hasn’t even begun when another death occurs. Someone totally ruthless, who can strike anywhere at any time and with seeming immunity, is determined to put a halt to her work, her life, and the lives of those she loves. Eve has stumbled onto a chilling conspiracy. There is only one person who can give her the devastating truth . . . and he’s already dead.

**********

I thought the finding of Bonnie's body in the previous book was a bit too easy and not central enough for the story. I mean in the last book Eve and Quinn had small roles while Sarah Patrick and John Logan was the main characters. And we only get to know that Bonnie's body had been found when Sarah Patrick travels to the funeral. I felt that it was weird that it didn't have a more central role in a book. But, in this book Iris Johansen twist everything and suddenly this closet chapter is not as closed as I thought it would be. And, Eve who is hurting after learning of  a big betrayal  decides to take on the very job she had no plans to take and suddenly she is very much in danger. Now it seems that there could  be a secret organization that will stop at nothing to get the skull that she is working on.

As usual was I quickly caught up in the story, and I liked all the twist and turns throughout the story. I was also pleasantly happy to once again get to know Sean Galen as Logan sends him to Eve to look after her. And, as usual not, everything is as it should be, and not everybody is trustworthy. Thankfully Eve as Galen and Quinn to look after her.

I quite liked this book and I'm looking forward reading more in the series!