maddan3

Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

The Lost Child of Lychford by Paul Cornell

The Lost Child of Lychford (Witches of Lychford) - Paul Cornell

It’s December in the English village of Lychford – the first Christmas since an evil conglomerate tried to force open the borders between our world and… another.

Which means it’s Lizzie’s first Christmas as Reverend of St. Martin’s. Which means more stress, more expectation, more scrutiny by the congregation. Which means… well, business as usual, really.

Until the apparition of a small boy finds its way to Lizzie in the church. Is he a ghost? A vision? Something else? Whatever the truth, our trio of witches (they don’t approve of “coven”) are about to face their toughest battle, yet!

The Lost Child of Lychford is the sequel to Paul Cornell's Witches of Lychford.

**********

I'm impressed, and I definitely must find myself a copy of Witches of Lychford to read. I found the cover and blurb tempting and, despite having not read Witches of Lychford (how I have missed it is the question) did I find myself quickly engrossed in this book. It's a short story, but it manages to contain a lot of action, humor and some paranormal things like an unhappy little boy apparition. Personally, I just love the love portion part of the story. It gave the story a hilarious aspect.

This may be the first Paul Cornell book I have read, but it will certainly not be the last. I've been interested in reading his Shadow Police series, but now I seriously want to get the first book! The Lost Child of Lychford was a fantastic book, and I hope to read more books about Lizzie and the rest of the gals!

I want to thank Macmillan-Tor/Forge for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!