maddan3

Manderley Forever
Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

The House of Secrets

The House of Secrets - Brad Meltzer, Tod Goldberg There are several things that I like about this book. First, the story is great and thrilling to read. Second, the main characters Hazel is a strong competent woman with an interesting past and third, this seems like it will be the first book in a new series and that makes me really happy. Of, course, there are several more things I like about this book, but I really wanted to point out just those three things since a good thriller, with a strong main character and the promise of sequels is perhaps something that will appeal not just to me, but to others.

I have only read one book by Brad Meltzer before I read this book and that was The President's Shadow. But, I liked that book very much and getting an opportunity to rad this book made my day. The story sounded intriguing and I loved the cover. I like the twists and turns of the story and I liked that I couldn't figure it all out and the last part of the book was marvelous. Hazel is a wonderful character, and reading about her trying to figure out her past and at the same time figure out what the death of her father has with the death of a man with an object stuffed into his chest was fascinating.

The House of Secrets was a great read, it was well-written and thrilling to read and hopefully, will it be the first book in a series (with many books)!

I want to thank Grand Central Publishing for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!