maddan3

It's a Mad Mad World

Manderley Forever
Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

The Last Mile (Amos Decker series)

The Last Mile (Amos Decker series) - David Baldacci My weakness for thrillers made me say yes to this book when I was asked if I wanted to read and review the book. Now I'm very glad I did. I haven't read Memory Man, the first book in the series, but that didn't stop me from truly enjoying this book. I do however plan to read the first book some day.

The Last Mile starts off with Melvin Mars in prison very soon to be executed for the murder of his parents, but in the last minute, another man steps forward claiming he's the one behind the murder. Amos Decker takes an interest in the case because there are similarities between his case and Mars. This all happened in the first book so all I know is that his family was killed and I bet Decker was accused of the murder. The big question is, what really happened 20 years ago when Mars parents were killed? Why would someone confess to the crime in the last minute? Decker wants to take on this case despite the fact that there isn't really a case to take since Mars is going free. Decker is simply want to know the truth.

I found the book really compelling because the story took so many interesting turns that I never expected. I came to like the characters Mars, and Decker very much, and the story was truly intriguing. Especially when one started to finally understand what was really going on. At first, there was a lot of questions regarding the case (that wasn't a case but more a mission for Decker), and there were moments I feared for Mars life, especially since it wasn't even sure he would not be thrown in jail again. The book was thrilling and fascinating to read. I loved not knowing what was going on and just getting a piece of the puzzle now and then and the best part is when the whole picture started to take form and you read how Decker and the rest slowly getting to the truth. A truly remarkable good book! And, I love the last chapter, and especially the very last part of it!

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!