maddan3

Manderley Forever
Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

The Hanging Club

The Hanging Club - Tony Parsons It was quite wonderful to once again return to DC Max Wolfe world. There are some series where characters really make a deep impression on me and this is certainly one. Max is probably not the only man ever to have to raise a daughter by himself. However, I find his situation sadder just because of why he is a single father raising a daughter. A situation I won't reveal, you just have to read the books.

The case in this book is one that really makes you think about justice and what happens when the law fails and the ones that should be punished is let go too easy. When people take the law into their own hands and it just seems so right that they do. When bad people are finally punished. It's one thing when the police are hunting down dangerous criminals, but in this book are they trying to catch a gang of people that are really doing what most people in the book feel is probably just. Since the capital punishment is gone in the UK are the group taking the law into their own hands by hanging men they feel should have been punished with death.

DC Max Wolfe is the one that has to take charge of the case when his boss has to focus on a personal crisis and the case will get very close to him and it will take an ugly turn that I never expected. It's a great book, a book that makes you think, but thanks to Max daughter Scout and their dog Stan are there also some lighter moments. And, there is a woman that Max met that could bring love back into his life, but of course, there are obstacles...

This is a favorite series of mine and I'm looking forward to next year and see what will happen next for Max and his family.

Thanks to Random House UK, Cornerstone for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!