maddan3

Manderley Forever
Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

When Falcons Fall

When Falcons Fall - C.S. Harris Ayleswick-on-Teme, 1813. A young girl is found dead on the banks of the River Teme with a bottle of laudanum by her side. The local constable thinks it's suicide, but the young inexperienced magistrate is not so sure and turns to Sebastian St. Cyr for help. Sebastian is in the village with his wife and young son to visit the family of a dead friend. But, he is also there trying to find out more about his ancestry. Now, he must figure out who would kill a young girl who just like Sebastian came to Ayleswick-on-Teme to find out more about the past.

Sebastian St. Cyr is one of my favorite series, and I have read all books except the one previous (going to buy it as soon as the paperback version comes out) and I've been looking forward to reading this one. Sebastian, Hero, and little Simon are in the little village to pay respect to Jamie Knox grandmother and to give her a gift from Jamie. Jamie must have been killed in the previous book because I haven't read about it and it saddens me that he is gone since I quite liked Sebastian half-brother. Sebastian is trying to find his father and also figure out where a necklace he has comes from. But, he must also find out who would kill Emma Chance, could it have something to do with her trying to find her father? Or is there a greater plot going on with Napoleon's brother Lucien Bonaparte staying close by the village?

There is a lot going on, the village has lots of secrets, and it seems that the more Sebastian digs in the past the worse it gets with more people getting killed. It seems that there is a killer loose and the person in question will do anything to silence the ones that can give him/her away.

When Falcons Fall is one of the best books in the series, the case is deeply tragic especially for Sebastian who feels for the young dead girl who just like him only wanted to find out who fathered her. It's a page-turner and it was hard to figure out who was behind the murdered, especially since the suspects kept dying like flies.

This is a series that just keeps getting stronger and I can't wait to find out what will happen next for Sebastian, Hero, and Simon.

4.5 stars

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review.

Read this review and others on A Bookaholic Swede