maddan3

Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours
Challenge Participant 80%

Marina

Marina - Carlos Ruiz Zafón 15-year-old Óscar disappears in May 1980 from his boarding school in Barcelona. During seven days and seven nights, no one knows where he is...

Marina is the fourth book I have read by Carlos Ruiz Zafón (not counting The Rose of Fire since it’s a short story) and I think it’s probably the best I have read of him. This book has nothing to do with The Cemetery of Forgotten Books series. But I don’t mind that, it's refreshing to read something different from what one is used to from an author The story takes place in Barcelona just like The Cemetery of Forgotten Books does but this is years later and the story has nothing to do with forgotten books instead this is a love story. Or love stories, one in the present 1980’s Barcelona and one in the past, both tragic.

This is one hell of a well-written book with a story that really spoke to me; tragic love stories, revenge, scary dolls, experiments, murder and a mystery woman in black with a tragic past. I just wish I could find more books like this.

I had some problems rating this book, a 4 or a 5? I settled with a 4,5 for now, I have a feeling that this is a book that I will read again someday and perhaps it will get a higher rating then.

Anyway, I won’t ramble one, but if you have time and the possibility to read this book, do it!