maddan3

France Book Tours
Challenge Participant 80%

Cat out of Hell

Cat out of Hell - Lynne Truss

Cat out of Hell is so far the most problematic book that I have had to review so far. I thought it would be a sweet story about a talking cat, instead it was a grim story about a talking cat, well it tried to be grim, but it was mostly confusing and silly with a lot of plot holes. The only part of the book that I really liked was the scenes with Watson the dog. I wish that I had a dog called Watson then I also could have called out to him: “Come at once if convenient, Watson! If inconvenient, come all the same!” or “Come Watson, come! The game’s afoot!”

The book narration was a bit problematic, it shifted between screenplay style, first person narration, emails, e-miaow (apparently telepathic conversation between a cat and the cat master…don’t ask me) and of course all plot holes. It’s even written in the book: “I no longer care much for the gaps in this story, so I hope that you don’t either.” I care, I hate gaps, and I don’t want to be sitting after reading a book wondering about this and that.  I mean why bring up stuff in the first place if you’re not going to explain it? Gah!

Now I’m going to get on with my life and leave this book behind me.

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!