maddan3

Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

Firelight

Firelight - Kristen Callihan

Firelight is a historical fiction with a touch of paranormal. What really got me intrigued was the blurb describing a man in a mask and since I have been enchanted with The Phantom of the Opera since I was young girl was this something I just had to read.

Miranda has a powerful gift that for her is much more of a curse since her ability destroyed her father’s fortune and because of their situation she has to marry a man or get cast out on the street. What she doesn’t know is that the man, the Lord Benjamin Archer is the same man that saved her when she was younger.  He is also a man that is hiding his face, but why?

First and most, this isn’t the kind of book I usually go for when it comes to paranormal, I prefer horror instead of romance. But I liked the book’s cover on netgalley and I as I stated above liked the blurb so I thought I would give it a go.

There are things that bothered me with the story, like for instance the secrets between Miranda and Archer, but this isn't the first book I will read or the last that the characters misunderstand each other because they keep secrets from each other. But it would have saved them a lot of time just being honest with each other. I also felt the story dragged on a bit. But this is a love story so they have to have this lustful dance around each other before they consummate their passion. (Why on earth it took so long time beats me since it’s obvious they have the hots for each other).

I liked the waiting to uncover what’s under Archers mask, it’s a smart move drag out the waiting, it is much more alluring to read a book that have some mysteries left towards the end.

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!