maddan3

Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

Dark Witch

Dark Witch (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #1) - Nora Roberts

I received a free copy of this book from Piatus in exchange for an honest review, thank you! I also want to thank Piatus for inviting me to participate in the "The Dark Witch blog tour"!

There lived a witch called The Dark Witch many centuries ago who gave her life in a bid to stop an evil witch called Cabhan. But she gave her powers to her three children before she died.  Now in the present time, Iona Sheehan, Connor and Branna O´Dwyer, descendents of the Dark Witch must try to stop the evil Cabhan for good.

I’m not totally against romance. I just am a bit picky and I have a need for believable love stories. This book lacked that. Heck it lacked a great deal, like a good story. I mean I can take it that a book has some flaws, but this book is a flaw. It’s my second Nora Roberts book I read (Yes I have only managed to read one before and that was years ago) and Dark Witch really don’t make me eager to read another one for a long time. I mean this is the first book in a trilogy about three men and three women.  All the stuff about witches and magic is just filler for Nora Roberts to match up her characters with each other.  First out is Iona and Boyle McGrath the owner of the local stable where she gets a job. Soon they are more than employer and employee (insert roll eye smiley) and also soon they have a BIG misunderstanding because of something he says. Will they ever make up?

This review is really bringing out my sarcastic side. But I was so sick and tired of this book when I read it then my first review got lost when I was about to save it in Microsoft office Word. The only plus side is that I think this review is actually better than the first one I wrote…

Will I read the next book in the series? No. Will I ever read a Nora Roberts book again? Perhaps, but then it will be one that has got great reviews.