maddan3

Tatiana de Rosnay
France Book Tours

The Sea Keeper's Daughters by Lisa Wingate

The Sea Keeper's Daughters (A Carolina Heirlooms Novel) - Lisa Wingate

The Sea Keepers Daughters is the third book in the Carolina series and it's the first one I have read. The book can be read as a stand-alone, at least, I think so since I found this one to be perfectly fine to read even though I haven't read the previous two books.

Here is the blurb from the book: From modern-day Roanoke Island to the sweeping backdrop of North Carolina's Blue Ridge Mountains and Roosevelt's WPA folklore writers, past and present intertwine to create an unexpected destiny...

I found it so beautifully written that I just had to add it to my review even though I ordinarily don't do that, but it summarizes the book so well. I was quite captivated both by the blurb and the cover of the book, and I'm happy to say that the book was just as good as I hoped it to be.

I have found that I prefer romance book when the romance is incorporated into the story and not romance as the main genre. As long as the romance part doesn't take the central stage is it fine and this book manages to convey an interesting story and integrate the romance part without making me mentally roll my eyes.

Whitney trying to save her restaurant and at the same time finding letters from her grandmother's sister. Whitney never knew her grandmother had a sister so she is very surprised to learn that fact. As the story progress, we get to follow Whitney trying to find something among all the family heirlooms that will save her business, but we also get to know her grandmother's sister Alice through the letters she discovers. She learns that Alice traveled the Blue Ridge Mountains as part of the Federal Writers' Folklore Project

I admit that I was taken by surprise how engaged in the story I would become and how the ending would make me feel. This was just a truly beautiful written story and I'm quite eager to get my hands on the two previous books in this series.

I received this copy from Tyndale House Publishers, Inc through Edelweiss in return for an honest review! Thank you!