maddan3

140 pages

ISBN: 9781939474537

Website | Goodreads

SYNOPSIS

A business magnate calls on wine expert Benjamin Cooker to kickstart his new wine business in Beaujolais, sparking bitter rivalries. Can the Winemaker Detective and his assistant keep calculating real estate agents, taciturn winegrowers, dubious wine merchants and suspicious deaths from delaying delivery of the world-famous Beaujolais Nouveau?

REVIEW

Seductive women, jealousy, and murder are the ingredients in this book. It starts with a murder and then the book takes us 3 months earlier and we get to know the history behind everyone involved as Benjamin and Virgile work with Guillaume Périthiard to get his winery working. Unfortunately, it seems that not everyone is happy with Périthiard entering the wine business and when he steals an employee from a rival the real trouble begins.

I found this book actually to be very much different from the previous books I've read in this series. First it starts with the murder and then it goes back in time and we move to present time to have Benjamin revealing who the murderer is. Usually, there aren't that many suspects to choose from, but this time the book had several personal that could have done it, also the identity of the body is not revealed in the beginning so either one in the book could be it. And, the one that was killed was not the one that I had expected.

This is a cozy french mystery book, so it's not much blood and gore. I find these books very nice to read between heavier and darker books. And, it's quite fun to read cozy mystery books set in France instead of England. A change of scenery is never wrong.

ABOUT THE AUTHORS

Alaux-Balen Jean-Pierre Alaux and Noël Balen, wine lover and music lover respectively, came up with the idea for the Winemaker Detective series while sharing a meal, with a bottle of Château Gaudou 1996, a red wine from Cahors with smooth tannins and a balanced nose.

ABOUT THE TRANSLATOR

Anne Trager loves France so much she has lived there for 27 years and just can’t seem to leave. What keeps her there is a uniquely French mix of pleasure seeking and creativity. Well, that and the wine. In 2011, she woke up one morning and said, “I just can’t stand it anymore. There are way too many good books being written in France not reaching a broader audience.” That’s when she founded Le French Book to translate some of those books into English. The company’s motto is “If we love it, we translate it,” and Anne loves crime fiction, mysteries and detective novels.

***

Follow Le French Book on Twitter | on Facebook
Sign up to receive their latest news and deals.

Global giveaway open internationally: 2 participants will each win a copy of this book. Choice of print or digital format for all Be sure to follow each participant on Twitter/Facebook, for more chances to win

Enter here

Visit each blogger on the tour: tweeting about the giveaway everyday of the Tour will give you 5 extra entries each time! [just follow the directions on the entry-form]

***